Friday 11 January 2013

Bookbinding - A first for me!

So, it occurred to me last night (a little late maybe, but hey ho!) that if I want to bind and send my sketchbook project book before the deadline - and I do, obviously!, I need to work out HOW to bind it :-/

I knew I wanted it coptic bound, and had made the front and back covers in such a way that only coptic binding would work. But I'd never done any coptic binding before, so this morning, I set about googling tutorials, and making up a 'practice' book. It was a LOT easier than I thought it was going to be, and once I'd got going, I did 90% of it without referring to the tutorial at all. This is the result....




Okay, so it is somewhat rough and ready (mostly because I used scraps and leftovers to make it from!), and I did have to change threads part way through as I'd underestimated how far it would go, but I am rather pleased with it, and so it appears is Morph.


I shall keep it, and use it as my next sketchbook, once the current one is full I think :)

I now feel much more confident about binding my sketchbook project book! But that is a job for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment